Terms of Service
DattaUniverse is a service developed and owned by DharmaUniverse LLC a Maine Corporation, that allows Members and Visitors to see the blessings of Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji of Mysore, India. Sri Swamiji’s blessings and messages are posted on the website and promoted through the various social networking applications. These include: http://dattauniverse.com/ website, the DattaUniverse Facebook Application, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by DharmaUniverse LLC.
Read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave DattaUniverse and discontinue use of it immediately. If you wish to become a Member, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the Registration process.
DharmaUniverse may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting on the DattaUniverse Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use DattaUniverse after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
DharmaUniverse LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of DattaUniverse at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
DattaUniverse expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of DattaUniverse if DharmaUniverse LLC determines, in its sole discretion, that you pose a threat to DattaUniverse and/or its Users.
- Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use DattaUniverse or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason. DattaUniverse may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
- Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you may be asked to choose a password, or allowed to sign up through the use of your Facebook, Twitter, or other accounts. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and credentials to your accounts. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify DattaUniverse immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
- Non-commercial Use by Members. DattaUniverse is for the personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by DattaUniverse. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of DattaUniverse, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the DattaUniverse Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles and Blog Listing pages without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of DattaUniverse.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on DattaUniverse.
DattaUniverse does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant DattaUniverse the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of DattaUniverse, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the specific DattaUniverse to which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or DattaUniverse removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service other than DattaUniverse, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or DattaUniverse removes such Content from the Service.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
- Content Posted.
- DattaUniverse may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of DattaUniverse violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person.DattaUniverse assumes no responsibility for monitoring DattaUniverse Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time DattaUniverse chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the DattaUniverse Services, DattaUniverse nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the DattaUniverse Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. DattaUniverse does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by DattaUniverse prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies ofDattaUniverse. DattaUniverse makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
- Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the DattaUniverse Services. DattaUniverse reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in DattaUniverse‘s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the DattaUniverse Services and terminating the Membership of such violators.Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of DattaUniverse:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; or
- for band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
- Disclaimers. DattaUniverse is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on DattaUniverse or in connection with the DattaUniverse Services, whether caused by Users of DattaUniverse or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the DattaUniverse Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the DattaUniverse Website may contain links to other websites. DattaUniverse is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by DattaUniverse. Inclusion of any linked website on the DattaUniverse Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by DattaUniverse. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. DattaUniverse takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this DattaUniverse Website or through the DattaUniverse Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. DattaUniverse assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. DattaUniverse is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the DattaUniverse Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the DattaUniverse Services. The DattaUniverse Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and DattaUniverse expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. DattaUniverse cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the DattaUniverse Services.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL DattaUniverse BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF DattaUniverse HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN,DattaUniverse S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO DattaUniverse FOR THE DattaUniverse SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the DattaUniverse Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maine, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of Maine. Either DattaUniverse or you may demand that any dispute between DattaUniverse and you about or involving the DattaUniverse Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), provided that the foregoing shall not prevent DattaUniverse from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold DharmaUniverse LLC its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the DattaUniverse Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on DattaUniverse or through the DattaUniverse Services causes DattaUniverse to be liable to another.
- Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the DattaUniverse Website or any of the DattaUniverse Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and DharmaUniverse LLC regarding the use of the DattaUniverse Services. The failure of DharmaUniverse LLC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Please contact us at: webmater[at]dharmauniverse.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.